Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a random list of desired features.
- Clone an object
- Some attributes would be copied (SW version, RAM) but some would not (serial number, MAC addresses)
- Re-discover an object
- NICs may be exchanged in a server, or a blade may be added to a switch. Re-discovering the object would add/change ports and other attributes, but wouldn't delete any existing data unless confirmed by the user.
- Trace the cable path
- There are cases where a device is connected to a patch panel, which is then connected to another patch panel. This chain could continue for several hops until reaching the final destination device. Display the 'final destination' port and object on the port listing. Also provide a 'traceroute' link which displays all path details in a pop-up window.
- Allow duplicate IPv4 networks, at least for the private space.
- When assigning a non-unique IP to an object, ask the user to specify which subnet it is from.
- Provide an 'Integrity Check' report which lists problems
- Tables using the MyISAM engine which should be using InnoDB
- Missing system-level rows (Attributes, for example)
- Missing foreign keys or triggers
- Invalid data which cannot be constrained using foreign keys (EntityLink, for example)
- Manage plugins from the web interface
- Install/uninstall, enable/disable capability capability
- Install/uninstall features handle DB table creation/destruction