how to edit this wiki?
- get an account at SourceForge
open wiki(you are already here)
- make sure you are still logged in (now wiki has copied your account from SF)
- send a message with your SF account name to email@example.com
Once you have got a reply with "done", your account is in "editors" group.
Unknown OID (n.n.n.n.n)
First of all, support for modular hardware is very very limited. To deal with a "chassis" (not modular) switch, the most preferred way is through filing a Mantis ticket. The following information is absolutely necessary:
- exact model/part number of the device (this could be one of "network switch models" records, or could be not)
- for a device, which features SFP (GBIC, X2 etc) pluggable ports, tell, which of these pluggable ports are "combo" (IOW, alternate socket for a copper port under the same name) and which are standalone ports
If possible, add the following information:
- manufacturer's markup of device's ports (this can be "21, 22, 23, 24", "21X, 22X, 23X, 24X" or even "21, 22, 23C, 23F, 24C, 24F")
- dump of SNMP info (if for some reason it is a problem posting this to public Mantis, e-mail it):
snmpwalk -v 1 -c public switchname sysDescr.0 snmpwalk -v 1 -c public switchname sysObjectID.0 snmpwalk -v 1 -c public switchname ifTable
rack thumb images are broken
There are two common reasons for this:
- Misformatted local.php extension file. For images to work correctly, every PHP file of your RackTables, which begins with <?php tag, MUST NOT have a newline before the tag. Every PHP file of your RackTables, which ends with ?> tag, MUST NOT have a newline after the tag.
- GD library is not working (although it probably was at the time of installation). This can be confirmed by means of phpinfo() and fixed with the help of package manager of your server and RackTables README file.
cannot browse objects by object type
blade systems/modular switches
These are all popular feature requests. That said, there is no person willing to actually implement and support any of these.
how do I reoder racks in a row?
(By default RackTables sorts in alphabetical order.) A working way is to put a prefix into each rack's name:
- "01 F14"
- "02 E14"
- "03 D14"
- "04 C14"
- "05 B14"
- "06 A14"
This way sorting order will be "nailed down" the way one needs it.
how do I log out (and log in after that?)
To log out: use "Click here to logout", see username/password prompt, DON'T enter anything, press "Cancel".
To log in: press "back" to return to any of the normal pages (without "index.php?logout" in URL) and enter your username/password.