how to edit this wiki?
- get an account at SourceForge
open wiki(you are already here)
- make sure you are still logged in (now wiki has copied your account from SF)
- send a message with your SF account name to email@example.com
Once you have got a reply with "done", your account is in "editors" group.
Unknown OID (n.n.n.n.n)
First of all, support for modular devices is very limited. To deal with a "chassis" (not modular) switch, the most preferred way is through filing a Mantis ticket. The following information is absolutely necessary:
- exact model/part number of the device (this could be one of "network switch models" records, or could be not)
- for a device, which features SFP (GBIC, X2 etc) pluggable ports, tell, which of these pluggable ports are "combo" (IOW, alternate socket for a copper port under the same name) and which are standalone ports
If possible, add the following information:
- manufacturer's markup of device's ports (this can be "21, 22, 23, 24", "21X, 22X, 23X, 24X" or even "21, 22, 23C, 23F, 24C, 24F")
- dump of SNMP info (if for some reason it is a problem posting this to public Mantis, e-mail it):
snmpwalk -v 1 -c public switchname sysDescr.0 snmpwalk -v 1 -c public switchname sysObjectID.0 snmpwalk -v 1 -c public switchname ifTable